Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Multitude of Empty Space

(for Lew)

These are not scars,

Not thick disfigurement nor defacement

These are not ghosts

Not demons of contagious shadow

Nor haint of tainted evil

These are holes

Many, many holes

A multitude of empty space

Once containing terror, confused betrayal

Drilled there by violence

I have longed for them to be gone

wished them away

Wish them

the drill

the driller

away

into oblivion

There There Nonetheless there

Here, today, now

I sit with these holes

Greet them and am greeted

Embrace and am embraced

Here, today, now

Overflowing with Transcendence

In the midst of this resolute healing, these holes

Hold me,

not hurt me

Hold me,

not harm me

Hold me,

not haunt me

Here, today, now

Once holes, now space

The Sacred sits here

Mystery fills this emptiness made in me

I am holy. I am whole.


No comments: