Sunday, October 7, 2007

FloPoSo Poetry Festival

Today was the third annual Florence Poets Society Poetry Festival, held this year at Look Park in beautiful weather. Over five hours of poetry from local poets! Also, the debut of the second Silkworm, a collection of juried and selected poems. For the second year in a row, my writing was given the label "Poet of Distinction," this year for my poem, Prayer for my Son. I read this, as well as four other poems: In Just That Order (formerly I Don't Write Shiny Poems), He Cannot be Flirting with Me, The How, and I Had Decided Against Saying Her Hair was Beautiful. The 2007 Silkworm contains two other of my poems: Tension and Wanting Willow (a reworking of Mt. Auburn Cemetery, August). My first chapbook, Struck Just So: A Collection of Sensual Poems was available for purchase -- 3 copies were bought! Time to break out the champagne! I know it sounds a bit dorky, but I'm totally thrilled.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,

Congratulations! I'm happy to see that things went well. Are you taking orders for your book?

Best,
Roy.