Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Revisions

Though I've been writing some new stuff, it's more a trickle than a stream. Not wanting to lose the habit of writing or nursing creative energy, I've been focusing on revision. Some are small and not worth mentioning, though I have made the changes on the poems in this blog.

Some, however, end up making a significant difference, worth highlighting here. For instance, two old poems now have new names and new form. What was once Honey-Tinted Treasure (and was one of my few prose poems -- it is still there, in November, 2006) is now The Book of Your Body, posted today. What was once Ode to a Good Fuck is now Business Meeting and doesn't exist on this blog in its previous state (Business Meeting can also be found in Novemeber, 2006). Both of these original poems were written before I started being more intentional about my poetry writing, before I started learning some formal poetry concepts (about which I still have a LONG way to go).

One of my pieces A Moment's Peace Apart was accepted for publication in the 2007 Equinox, but with edits. The original sits on this blog and when the Equinox emerges, I'll post the new version as well. There are other revisions, I'm pleased with this process. Learning alot.

Toodles. Karen

No comments: